Missing CuBlas functions?

Hi folks,

Is JCuda missing BLAS functions? In particular, I couldn’t find cublasCdotc and cublasZdotc in JCuda 0.4.0-beta1. I saw a note about plans to support the “new” CuBlas API (are the differences documented somewhere?) but I think the “dot product” functions go back to at least 2007, according to the Nvidia documentation. If JCuda doesn’t support all the CuBlas functions, is there a reason why not? Is it easy to add functions oneself? Thanks for your help.

Hello

Indeed, this function is missing. At the moment, I’m not sure why, but I’ll check this.

Although, when I’ll do an update, I’d also like to add the new CUBLAS API functions, but I’m not sure how long this will take, so maybe there will only be a “small” update where this function is added (and I’ll check whether there are other functions missing as well).

bye

Thanks Marco, a small, quick update would be much appreciated. I didn’t notice other functions missing.

Hello

May I ask which Operation System you are using? For Windows (32 or 64 bit) I could probably provide the update quickly, but for others I’ll have to contact the contributors, and can’t say beforehand when they will be able to provide the updated libraries.

bye

Thanks Marco. I’m on OS X and Linux, but I hope to be able to compile the libraries myself.

I’ll send you a link to the updated source files, in case it is urgent.

In case others run into the same problem, a possible alternative is cusparse{CZ}dotci. Compared to cublas{CZ}dotc it takes an extra array parameter of indices. I realized that the cublas{CZ}dotu functions are also missing; for those, consider cusparse{CZ}doti.

Yes, in fact, the *dot functions that returned complex (float or double) numbers had been missing. They have been added in the source package that I mentioned in the PN that I sent you, and of course, they will be contained in the next release.