Docking frames and heavy-weight components

Hi,

I’m trying to integrate a heavy-weight component into a docking frame. The component is a Navteq map which only supports AWT. Currently the component does not render at all when inside the dock. However, it works fine in a seperate window.

Has anyone got any ideas or information?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Cheers, George.

Solved this by setting the system property ‘sun.awt.disableMixing’ to ‘true’

I did not know this setting :eek: . Thanks for the info.

Maybe this could also help to solve issues like JOGL heavyweight GLCanvas not rendering ?!

Ha ha. Sorry about the unnecessary posting.

I’m still having trouble though as tooltips are hidden by the heavyweight component. In the application I am developing tooltips are used to show a lot of information. I understand that in the latest version of Docking Frames there is a workaround which does not require the disableMixing flag to be set to true. However, when I try and run my application with the latest version of the library jars the component does not show. Is there anything which needs to be switched on in order to enable the code in the GlassedPane which calls the JavaVersionWorkaround code to work?

Not unnecessary. If you had found the other thread, you might have thought: "Oh, what a pity, that does not work :frowning: " and not investigated it further. Sometimes it helps to find a solution when you do NOT know that there seemingly(!) IS no solution :wink: