Some issues with 1.0.8p4

Hi Beni,

I’ve just seen that you’ve uploaded a new version of DF. So, had to test it right away :slight_smile:
First of all, maximizing and normalizing of dockables works fine now, except one thing:
If I have two dockables stacked and I maximize the first one and then normalize it again, this dockable disappears. If I have one or more than two dockables stacked, all works fine.
I tried this with your demonstration app and it seems to be a problem with the common version.
(notes and help are working fine, size&color has this problem)

I noticed one more thing (already in the last preview). I changed the tab placement to be on the left or right side. If I stack some dockables the „tab bar“ gets really big. This bug seems to be an eclipse theme issue only.
(see right side of picture)

I know you wrote that the preview4 could be too early released, but I wrote this just to let you know.

I’ll fix these problems ASAP.

The problem with these bugs is not fixing them, but finding them in the first place. I did shuffle around Dockables for the whole week and found several bugs, but some settings and combinations always slip through my fingers. So I really appreciate people who not only test, but also complain :wink:

Finding bugs is not easy, especially for a developer who knows where to click :wink:
At work I test my GUI parts thoroughly and try almost every click combination, but I have a collegue who needs only one click to find a bug :slight_smile:

Btw. my custom eclipse theme is almost finished, so I could contribute it to DF next week. I would send you an e-mail with the sources, is this ok?

Thanks, that’s ok. I’ll have a quick look at your code and put it somewhere where it fits. I can also give you write access to the repository if you would like to make further modifications of your theme.

Hey, great work. Works almost like charm now. :slight_smile:
Yes, it would be nice to have write access to the repository, so I can modify my code. We can do this, when I send you my sources.

I noticed one more thing, nothing that needs immediately be fixed, but would be nice to have. I think its not a bug, but a missing feature of the new location manager.
In version 1.0.7, I could externalize a whole stack of dockables at once (by start dragging within the empty tab strip). Version 1.0.8 seems not to support „dragging“ of the tab strip but only the tab. I hope you get the idea.

I’ve just found another bug (sorry).
If I externalize a dockable and want this dockable to dock to another location later, I get a „dockable not known to this station“-exception. If I move it to another stack, all works fine.

Again, thanks for the lightning fast bugfixing :). I will contact you next week.

I should have waited another week… thanks for the bug reports.

Beni, you’re doing a fantastic job!!! Bugs are there to fall over them and then get rid ov them. I’m new to DockingFrames and even new to Java (still reading your docs!!). And I love DF allready.

Head up, my dear!

Peter
PS.: I know, this is the wrong thread for that, but a cheer up at this point - I thought - would help!!!:wink:

I fully agree with you Peter, Beni does really a great job.

Keep up the good work, Beni :slight_smile:

:o :slight_smile: